Hik Connect for PC is a CCTV surveillance app that is compatible with all HikVision Internet cameras, DVRs, etc. It offers a simple way for HikVision product users to live view their cameras remotely on a smartphone. In short, you can watch/monitor or record live videos from your cameras using the Hik Connect mobile client. In addition to this, you can also capture live images from your cameras and manage them locally in the application itself. Furthermore, all the live recordings and captured images are stored on your local drive, which can be viewed later without internet connectivity.
Hik connect for pc software download
The app itself is quite useful. However, the only drawback of the Hik Connect application is that it is designed to be operated on android and iOS devices only. But, if you have multiple cameras to manage and monitor, then we’d recommend using it on your PC as you’ll be able to live view on a bigger screen.
Hik Connect On PC Features
Hik-connect for pc works the way it’s supposed to on all smartphones that are running on android and iOS. However, some of you may not want to have a live view of your cameras limited to your mobile device. Moreover, you won’t be able to record videos for a long time because of the limited storage space of smartphones. Therefore, it makes more sense in using the Hik Connect on your desktop computer or laptop.
There are many advantages of using the Hik Connect for PC; some of them are mentioned in the below list.
- Watch the live view of your HikVision cameras in full HD resolution, i.e., 1920*1080p on your PC.
- Quickly connect to your cameras and see what’s happening with Hik Connect’s real-time technology.
- Capture direct images from your live view of cameras with just one tap in the hik connect for windows pc.
- Store captured images and live view recordings locally and manage them at any time on your PC.
- Option to view pre-recorded or existing videos (locally stored) on the go using the Hik Connect app.
- Set alarms to receive a notification whenever the cameras detect motion or activity.
- The user interface is initiative and straightforward, making it easier for users to get familiar.
As a user, you have to create an account in the hik connect app for pc and add your devices to get started. But, first, you need to install the Hik Connect app on your PC.
How To Install Hik Connect for PC
The Hik Connect on pc needs to be manually installed using an android emulator on your PC. You can use any android emulator like nox or bluestacks of your choice. However, we’d recommend using Nox Player since it’s stable and easy to use. The Nox Player is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac-based computers.
- Visit the Nox Player official website on your desktop computer or laptop using a web browser.
- Select the operating system you’re using, i.e., Windows or Mac, on the site to download the emulator.
- Locate the emulator installation file, open it up as admin and wait for the installation wizard to appear.
- Follow the instructions step by step as provided on the screen and complete the installation process of the emulator.
- Next, launch the Nox Player android emulator and sign with your Google account if prompted.
- Now download the Apk file of the Hik Connect app using the download link on your PC to download hik connect for pc.
- Navigate to the Apk file, right-click on it and select “Open with Nox Player” option,
[You can drag the apk file and directly drop it in the Nox player emulator window]
- That’s all; the emulator will start installing the Hik connect for pc online right after you drop the apk file in it.
Using the method as mentioned above, you can install the Hik Connect app on Mac computers as well. The Nox Player emulator is available free for both Windows and Mac platforms. Go ahead with the above steps to install the Hik Connect app on your Mac or Windows PC. Make sure to let us know if you face any issue concerning the emulator or Hik connect for pc software download and installation.